Welcome to Highlands Intermediate School
- Congratulations to the HIS Robotics team for their superb performance at the 2014 VEX Robotics World Championship in California. They had to overcome so many hardships but perservered and came out on top winning the highest award, The Excellence Award. They also received the Design Award for their great design and program.
- Students who will not be returning to Highlands Intermediate or not going to Pearl City High School next year can pick up a Request for Student Release form at the front office. Please return the completed form to the front office by May 15, 2014.
- East Coast Education Tour 2015 applicants, please remember to turn in your application form and RSVP with Mrs. Fermin for the parent informational meeting on Wednesday, April 30, 2014, at 6 PM in the cafeteria.
- Pearl City High School Summer School Registration Day is Saturday, May 10, from 10 AM to 12 PM in room D308 at PCHS. Please have all forms ready with a valid school ID.
- Safety Reminders
- 1. Students should not run through or play in any of the parking lots after school.
- 2. Students should not run across the driveways in front of cars that are trying to enter/exit the HIS parking lots.
- 3. Please use marked crosswalks or pedestrian overpass when crossing the street.
- The Parent Project is a nationally recognized program created specifically for parents with difficult or out-of-control adolescents. If you would like more information click this link.
Annual Notification of Privacy Rights
Know your privacy rights as they apply to 1) student record information; 2) directory information; 3) surveys and other information collection; and 4) military recruitment information. For more information on your privacy rights, the laws that protect them, and how to exercise your rights, contact your school administrator or visit http://ferpa.k12.hi.us.
- East Coast Education Tour Parent Informational Meeting, Wednesday, April 30, 2014, at 6 PM in the cafeteria.
- 7th Grade Class Day Talent Show Auditions May 5-6.
- Pearl City High School Summer School Registration is Saturday, May 10, from 10 AM to 12 PM.
Highlands Voice May, 2014
Written and published by Mrs. Mumaw's Newswriting Class
Highlands Public Service Announcement
Meth=Death, by Noah
Please observe and follow traffic rules when entering and exiting the school driveways.
No left turn between the hours of 7-8:15 a.m. and 1-2:30 p.m. on school days only.